About the Role
Galaxy Weblinks is looking for a creative copywriter with excellent writing and storytelling skills to help us as our full-time, in-house copywriter. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for various projects, including print, web, mobile, video, and social media.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. We want to meet you if you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight.
To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for creative writing, experience writing content for websites, social media, and an understanding how SEO works. We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- Writing, editing, and publishing excellent, target market-related and engaging copy, for various social networks, including Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors.
- Using different writing styles to appeal to different demographics.
- Coordinating with internal teams to create advertising posts (e.g. for events, open roles and service promotions).
- Applying advertising techniques to boost brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Selecting appealing images and videos to complement text.
- Improving and adjusting copy based on reactions by readers on social media.
- Converting marketing ideas into a hashtag, blog, or longer post for different social media networks.
- Create content for websites and landing pages.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, service descriptions, ad campaigns, etc.
- Conducting thorough fact-checks before submitting any work.
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates)
- Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
Market Research & SEO Basics
- Researching new trends and industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies).
- Do keyword research and optimize existing content for SEO.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Plan and coordinate design for posts, articles with the designer.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Delivery teams to develop a variety of content marketing materials.
What we look for
- Maniacal attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or related field
- 1-3 years of agency experience or in a similar role
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print, and broadcast channels
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Copywriter or similar role
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms
- A solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- Hands-on experience with WordPress CMS is a plus
- Vivid imagination
Experience working with social media scheduling tools like Hootsuite, Smarterqueue, etc., Google Analytics, and basic design software like Canva.